Definition: (1) Optical component with gradient of densities e.g. filter that is denser at one end than another, with a smooth or stepped transition in between. (2) Thin prism, used to rotate light-beam by a small angular displacment e.g. as used in close-up attachment of twin-lens reflex camera.

Previous Term: web-offset  Next Term: weight

Type a photography term below to find its definition: