Definition: Final pages or artboards complete with pasted up pictures with galleys of type and other details such as colour swatches set up and camera-ready for the printer to work on to produce the printing plates. * English usage prefers 'art-work' although this tends to cover everything apart from type and text. Surviving digitisation The original meaning of the term is now largely obsolete thanks to digital techniques killing off the camera operator, but it struggles on to mean anything which brings together the various elements of a page in more or less final form.

Previous Term: measuring eyepiece  Next Term: median filter

Type a photography term below to find its definition: