Definition: Adjective: describing any process in which tonal gradations or transitions are represented by variation of density or size of dots of uniform darkness or colour. * That is, changes in image density are not represented by variations in the density or colour of the ink, etc. forming the image. * As seen in photomechanical, ink-jet and laser printing. * Do not confuse with grey-scale image.

Previous Term: half-silvered  Next Term: half-wave plate

Type a photography term below to find its definition: