Definition: (1) The vertical re-trace in a computer monitor between completing the drawing of one frame or field of a screen image and the start of the next. * (2) The time interval between the last line in a frame and start of the next in an interlaced monitor. * In computer monitors, each frame or field is drawn by an electron beam scanning across and down the screen in a zigzag: when it has covered the screen it flies back again to the same point. * May also refer to the movement of the beam as it returns to the start of a new scan line.

Previous Term: flux  Next Term: f-theta lens

Type a photography term below to find its definition: