Definition: Noun: (1) Indistinct or gradual border or selection in image manipulation programs. (2) Small, equal additions to leading in computer type-setting. (3) Fluffy, feather-like flaw in glass. Verb: (4) To blur or make indistinct a selection during image manipulation. (5) To illuminate a subject with the an off-centre beam of light in order to e.g. reduce illumination or contrast.

Previous Term: fatigue  Next Term: F-line

Type a photography term below to find its definition: