Definition: Type of ink-jet printer in which ink leaves the reservoir only when required. * Most ink-jet printers in use are drop-on-demand: tiny drops of ink are squirted out by a pressure wave caused by either the pulse of a piezo-electric element or by superheating the ink solvent which causes a bubble to form.

Previous Term: drop shadow  Next Term: drop-out

Type a photography term below to find its definition: